He has played in 26 countries and collaborated with numerous national and international musicians on five continents. He is currently studying Jazz Composition and Film Scoring at Berklee College of Music in Boston and is a member of the Global Jazz Institute, an advanced jazz performance program led by pianist Danilo Perez, where he has the opportunity to study and collaborate with musicians such as John Patitucci, Joe Lovano, George Garzone, Kenny Werner, Terry Lynne Carrington and Dave Liebman. In 2015 he released his first album in his name, Vento di Maestrale, with special guest the American saxophonist Steve Potts.
He was three times the Italian representative at the prestigious “World Accordion Championship” and having made more than thirty national and international competitions won, it is one of the most titled young accordionists in the world.
Contact Giorgio Albanese for:
1. Private accordion lessons (in person or via Skype/Zoom); *
2. Master classes of jazz and contemporary accordion;
3. Workshops on musical improvisation**;
* In his private instructions he usually combines elements of tonal and jazz harmony, as well as
counterpoint and jazz counterpoint, reharmonization techniques and all the most advanced
techniques for accordion.
* * All master classes on improvisation aim at bringing musicians, artists and performers together
in a “cultural container”. See an example on the video:
Please fill out the form below to request Giorgio’s availability or to book a private lesson: